Cleanbake Limited, trading as American Pan™ UK, registered in England and Wales with registered company number 2607937 and registered address 6-8 Seddon Place, Skelmersdale, Lancashire WN8 8EB, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting metalbreadforms.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cleanbake Limited, trading as American Pan™ UK.
SECTION 1 - WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following data:
Information you give to us: When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal data you give us such as your name, address and email address.
You may also give us information about you when you complete forms on metalbreadforms.com (our website) or by communicating with us by phone, email or otherwise. For example, this would include information that you provide to us when you:
- register to use our website;
- place an order through our website;
- search for a product; and/or
- post a query via our comments function.
The information you give us could include; your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
Information we collect about you: When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
In addition to your IP address, we may also automatically collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
SECTION 2 - COOKIES
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite if the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, including essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
SECTION 3 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: we will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. This may include email marketing (if applicable). With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- notify you about changes to our service; and
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you: we will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising and communications to you. This may include email marketing (if applicable). With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information we receive, we may use this information and the combined information for the purposes described above.
SECTION 4 - DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means, in relation to a company, that company, any subsidiary or holding company from time to time of that company and any subsidiary from time to time of a holding company of that company, holding company and subsidiary, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In addition, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers including American Pan® [registered company number 31-1136974 and registered company address 417 East Water Street, Urbana, Ohio 43078, U.S.A.], and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- prospective; business partners, suppliers including CMBB, LLC [registered company number 20-3469566 and registered company address 1502 N. Central Avenue Humboldt, Tennessee 38343-1798], and sub-contractors with a view to working with these parties for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- prospective or current business partners, suppliers including American Pan® and CMBB, LLC, and sub-contractors for the purpose of monitoring, analysing and reporting stock, supply and distribution statistics in order improve and optimise both our business and our service to you.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
SECTION 5 - WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (the EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
SECTION 6 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES INCLUDING SHOPIFY INC.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Once you leave our store’s website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this privacy statement or our website’s Terms of Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements before you submit and personal data to these websites.
Shopify: Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. [a Canadian corporation with offices at 150 Elgin Street, 8th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2P 1L4.] (Shopify) They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
When making payments, if you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read the following Shopify documents:
Terms of Service - https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
Privacy Statement - https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
SECTION 7 - SECURITY
All information you provide to us (or that you supply to Shopify and which is sent to us to enable us to process and complete your order) is stored on our secure servers.
Although we will take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your data and make sure it is treated securely in accordance with this privacy statement and is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, including by following all PCI-DSS requirements and implementing additional generally accepted industry standards, procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we or Shopify have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or Shopify’s website and to make purchases, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this website.
SECTION 9 - YOUR RIGHTS
Consent: How do we get your consent?
When you visit our website and provide us with personal information, for example, to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you accept and consent to our collecting this personal information and using it for that specific reason only.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by withholding your consent and checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
If after consenting to our processing of your information, you change your mind, you can exercise the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided at the QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION section below.
Access to information: The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
SECTION 10 - CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on our website. If we make material changes to this statement, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com. Any such queries or requests will be dealt with by our privacy officers based in our U.S. office in Urbana, Ohio (address: 417 East Water Street, P.O. Box 628, Urbana, Ohio 43078 USA). This means therefore, that the data you submit will be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and processed by staff operating outside of the EEA, and specifically in the US, who work for us. By sending your queries or requests to the above email address and submitting your personal data, you expressly agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.